BIG GUS on show “The List “ Posted:...
BIG GUS on show “The List “
Brien McElhatten | Email Me
PHOENIX - Are you inked? Be honest. Is there a tattoo just out of view from passing strangers or curious dates? If so, you’re not alone.
In fact, tattoos are definitely main stream. Thanks in part to reality shows, Hollywood stars and other pop culture references, a little ink is often considered fashionable.
Ahead of this weekend’s Arizona Tattoo Expo in Mesa, we chatted with Big Gus, star of Spike TV’s hit show “Tattoo Nightmares.” He gave us his list of places first timers should NEVER have inked.
“The list of where not to get a tattoo for the first time is your face, your hands, your forearms,” said Big Gus.
Big Gus feels tattoos on the neck and face should be earned, so first timers looking for a little tribal art, or a unicorn or heaven forbid -a butterfly- might want to keep those badges covered up. That leaves us asking how infamous boxer Mike Tyson earned his face marking. Perhaps it was the ear incident?
In the meantime, the tattoo expo will host artists from across the country. True artists who just might leave you feeling inspired or at least educated on the art of tattoo work.
Sage, who owns Urban Art Tattoo and Piercings in Mesa, is the organizer of the expo. He’s quite passionate about it too.
“We tried to pick the best of the best that were able to come out to Arizona and represent us,” he said.
Big Gus will be on hand as well as Tommy Montoya from TLC’s NY ink. Kris Richter will also host a seminar on how to dream up an inspired tattoo that will set you apart.
Here’s what you need to know:
What: Arizona Tattoo Expo
When: Friday 3pm-11pm, Saturday 12pm-11pm, Sunday 12pm-8pm
Where: Mesa Convention Center
If tattoos aren’t your thing
Will be at the AZ TATTOO EXPO this may 3-5th www.aztattooexpo.com
Will be at the AZ TATTOO EXPO this may 3-5th www.aztattooexpo.com
Booking Appointments With Me
I am so grateful for all the support I have received from my fans of Tattoo Nightmares i am beyond gretafull.
I have been so fortunate to have an amazing clientele, for many years I have had a one to two year waiting list for many years but Since the first season of TATTOO NIGHTMARES aired, many new names have been added onto that list for tattoo work,with the airing of TATTOO NIGHTMARES my list is growing bigger everyday so please be patient.
There are many questions that are being asked, that hopefully I can help answer:
- My shop is ART JUNKIES TATTOO hesperia ca
- My current hourly rate is $200 for non cover up work, ”Cover UP” Work is 250 -300 depending on how difficult the work may be however that may change in the future.
- My regular tattoo appointment email is firstname.lastname@example.org,I will not respond to cover up work on this email.
- My Cover Up appointment email for TATTOO NIGHTMARES is email@example.com allow 1-2 weeks for response.
- Please email photos in multiple angles of your ink that you want covered up, try to show me as much of area as possible,this is needed to see if i am even able to do cover up.
- For all media,news,interviews,publications with me please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org allow 1-2 week for a response.
- My email for tattoos at the many conventions i do a year is email@example.com please allow 1-2 week for a response.
To purchase any of my Art or clothing you see on show or at conventions please visit my store on my website biggusink.com
- Due to my long waiting list I am unable to do any drawings for someone else to tattoo.
- There are so many artist in so many different cities, it would be impossible for me to refer you to someone. Internet, social media, word of mouth and reviewing portfolios are the best ways to find and choose an artist.
- I will post the conventions or guest spots I will be doing on my blog, shop website and FaceBook, so keep an eye out for those posts.You can link to all my social media sites via my websitewww.biggusink.com
- Tattoo Nightmare Shop is only used for Jasmine, Tommy Helm and I to work together and film. The filming is done in LA however, the shop is not where we each work on a daily basis. There is no phone number for the shop, again as it is only used for filming.
- I do not work at Madison Tattoo Shoppe in North Hollywood, again the tattoo shop that I am partnered is in Hesperia, California and is called Art Junkies Tattoo ( www.artjunkiestattoos.com )
- If you want to be on the show, you must contact Spike Casting. My shop manager Robin or myself have no say in who gets chosen. Please go on www.spike.com for info on story & tattoo cover up submissions.
Please hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com instead of facebook because this will help us keep track of every email much better if you have any other questions. We will NOT add anyone to the waiting list via the internet. You MUST email me to be put onto the waiting list for any tattoo work,or cover up tattoo work.
Thanks so much for understanding and we look forward to helping every one out! Please contact the shop 760-947-5538 ROBIN shop manager for any questions regarding tattoo work or media events,or anything i could have missed please allow 1-2 weeks for an email or phone message responses Thank you for reading!
Network Orders 26 Episodes of “Tattoo Nightmares” with star and host BIG GUS
Spike TV Inks New Seasons Of Original Series “Tattoo Nightmares”
Network Orders 26 Episodes of “Tattoo Nightmares”
New York, NY, December 3, 2012 – Furthering the network’s mission to expand its audience and demographics, Spike TV has greenlit new seasons of two of the network’s most broad-appealing and highest-rated series, “Ink Master” and “Tattoo Nightmares.” Season three of “Ink Master,” will debut in the summer of 2013 with 13 one-hour episodes. The 26 new episodes of “Tattoo Nightmares” will run in 2013. Both series will go back into production early in 2013.
“The real stakes and compelling drama that both ‘Ink Master’ and ‘Tattoo Nightmares’ deliver resonates with our ever-expanding audience,” said Sharon Levy, Spike TV’s Executive Vice President, Original Series.
Season two (through 8 episodes, Oct 9-Nov 27) of “Ink Master,” is averaging 1.8 million viewers and has improved the timeslot with Persons 18-49 by 105% and Persons 18-34 by 132%. “Ink Master” is hosted by music legend and tattoo aficionado Dave Navarro (Jane’s Addiction) and judged by renowned tattoo artists Chris Nunez (“Miami Ink”) and Oliver Peck (Elm Street Tattoo). The show is produced for Spike by Original Media (“Swamp People,” “NY Ink,” “Comic Book Men,” “The Rachel Zoe Project,”) with Charlie Corwin and Andrea Richter serving as Executive Producers.
Premiering in October 2012 (through 7 episodes, Oct 16-Nov 27), “Tattoo Nightmares” is averaging 1.5 million viewers and has improved the timeslot with Persons 18-49 by an astounding 187%. The show is produced by 495 Productions (“Jersey Shore,” “Friend Zone,” “Nail Files,” “Repo Games,” “Snooki & JWOWW”) with SallyAnn Salsano and Joel Zimmer as Executive Producers. The series showcases real people with really bad tattoos who seek the help of some of the best cover-up artists in the business to fix them.
Chris Rantamaki is Vice President of Original Programming for Spike TV and oversees production of “Ink Master” and “Tattoo Nightmares.”
About “Ink Master”:
Tattoo artists compete in various challenges that not only test their technical skills, but also their on-the-spot creativity, where they must create and execute an original tattoo on a ‘human canvas.’ These ‘human canvases’ range from tattoo virgins to connoisseurs to those who want to cover up a prior tattoo misstep. The challenges focus on different tattooing techniques such as contrast, adaptability, balance and dimension as well as styles including New School, photorealism, American traditional and pin-up. After every challenge the contestants face a tough panel made up of Navarro, Nunez, and Peck and a roster of guest judges. Each individual artists’ work is critiqued and one contestant is sent home. The masterpieces these artists create will last forever, but so will their mistakes.
About “Tattoo Nightmares”:
With more than 40 million Americans having at least one tattoo somewhere on their body, you are bound to come across bad permanent ink, ranging from hilarious tattoos to ones that are just downright disturbing pieces. The stakes are high as regretful clients go under the tattoo gun a second time to see if one of the three expert artists at Tattoo Nightmares (Big Gus, Tommy Helm and Jasmine Rodriguez) can work a miracle and turn their disaster pieces into masterpieces. Through re-enactments, clients reveal the stories behind how their dreadful ink came to be.
About Spike TV:
Spike TV is available in 98.7 million homes and is a division of Viacom Media Networks. A unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), Viacom Media Networks is one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV’s Internet address is www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV’s press site at http://www.spike.com/press.www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV’s press site at http://www.spike.com/press. Follow us on Twitter @spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
# # #
David Schwarz Spike TV 212-767-8639 firstname.lastname@example.org
Want To Cover Up Your Own Tattoo Nightmare? | SPIKE
Want To Cover Up Your Own Tattoo Nightmare? | SPIKEWant To Cover Up Your Own Tattoo Nightmare? | SPIKE